We were briefed by Toby Carvery to promote their partnership with leading surplus food app, Too Good To Go and spread the message on stopping food waste.
Available nationwide at 153 Toby Carvery sites, our objective was to drive sales of their tasty Magic Bags and highlight the home of the roast’s positive commitment towards the environment by:
- Securing a minimum of 20 pieces of press coverage
- Achieving a media reach of 5 million
- Drive orders for Toby Carvery’s Magic Bags via the Too Good To Go
With a focus on regional and national media, we knew we needed a hook to cut through the noise for one of the nation’s most loved brands.
As the cost of living was on the rise early 2022, we decided to draft a topical money-saving national press release in keeping with the clickbait style of journalism favoured by the consumer titles we were targeting.
We then created a second version of the release which could be tailored based on location to ensure the story appealed to regional media and audiences too.
Utilising our extensive database of national and regional press contacts, we embarked upon a targeted media relations sell-in, speaking to titles in areas across the UK where Toby Carvery restaurants are located.
As well as using the media release as a hook to secure coverage, we also tapped into our extensive influencer database to drum up excitement about Toby Carvery’s Magic Bag’s via Instagram and TikTok across the UK.
Sourcing money-saving and food-focussed influencers across different regions, we organised influencer visits enabling them to sample and review Toby Carvery’s Magic Bags and help bring the customer experience and journey to life through their content.
Our tactics were extremely successful and saw us significantly exceed our KPIs, securing:
- 31 pieces of coverage including 4 pieces of national press – 55% higher than target
- Coverage in tier one target titles and high domain back links in Daily Mirror, Sun Savers and OK! Magazine
- 100% of coverage secured included a brand mention
- Combined audience reach of 211,541,968 – exceeding our target by 4131%
If you’d like to learn more about our work within the hospitality and leisure sector, click here.