Snug Underfloor Heating, part of the industry-leading First Trace Heating Direct, supplies a range of complete water and electric smart underfloor heating (UFH) solutions. With an already strong position in the merchant market, Snug needed to grow brand awareness in the installer market, ensuring its products would be the first choice for plumbers and electricians installing UFH.
Our objectives were centred around reach and engagement, setting the following KPIs to achieve that:
- Drive a social media reach of 150,000
- Deliver above-average social media engagement
- Facebook: 0.09%
- Instagram: 1.22%
It was key for us to generate positive third-party advocacy amongst our target audience, so we set the following additional KPIs:
- Secure four pieces of trade editorial
- Secure four installer influencers
We devised two campaigns to engage installers at all stages of the purchasing journey, using influencer activity, social media and media relations to bring them to life. Our first campaign was brand-focused and launched ahead of the peak season when customers are most seeking heating solutions, to ensure Snug was front of mind when Autumn/Winter arrived. Our second campaign went lower down the purchasing funnel to focus on product awareness and was timed to when installers are ready to buy.
Our first campaign was guided by sentiments expressed by real-life professionals from our installer network, focused on ‘warming up for winter’ and preparing for the peak season. We enlisted two of the UK’s most popular trade influencers, PB Plumber and Andy Cam, to help us created useful, authentic content for the campaign.
To make our budget work hard, we facilitated a content filming day at a building site where Snug products were being installed, using our in-house video specialists to deliver two stand-out content pieces from the same shoot. These included a video with helpful hacks on how to get ready for the busy seasons ahead and a product tour, which would form part of our subsequent campaign.
The content generated at the filming day was the heart of the campaign and we were able to use the videos across blogs, social media — both paid and organic — and press materials to convey Snug’s supportive message to installers. The fact this came from leading influencers served to add that extra layer of credibility, too.
Our second campaign was product-centric, focused around debunking the myths on UFH and showcasing Snug’s smart product offering. Brought to life by branded visuals, we created a host of technical content to educate and inform installers on UFH, while also positioning Snug as a voice to trust.
To complement this, we secured two credible influencers that not only had high follower numbers, but that had particularly engaged audiences — electrician @apex.e.c on Instagram and plumber Mark Tiff on YouTube. We offered gifted products for the installers to test and create a selection of positive content explaining the features and benefits of Snug’s UFH solutions. Alongside this, the product tour video from PB Plumber that we facilitated was set live during the campaign period, further strengthening the product messaging.
We met and exceeded all KPIs:
- Achieved a social media reach of 186,294, up on our target by over 20%.
- Surpassed average social media engagement rates by over 5,000% on Facebook and over 300% on Instagram.
- Grew the brand’s Facebook following from 150 to over 1,000 in just two months.
- Secured four influencers, all of whom provided positive third-party endorsement to help raise brand awareness amongst the installer community. One of the installer’s videos also resulted in a product enquiry, showing the value of the content.
- Achieved six pieces of trade coverage in leading installer titles: PHAM News, Installer Magazine and PHPI.